Friday, April 30, 2010

Sixth chemo cycle

Sixth chemo cycle was cancelled by my Doctor as a result of low WBC count (3000) and low neutrophil percentage (29.9%) even after 36 days from fifth cycle. I was asked to go for a CT scan which showed that nodes in the armpit have been reduced to normal but left inguinal node is still 2 cm. The report also mentioned improvement over first scan but the new report mentions about tiny hypodense lesion on the lower third of spleen. The films of CT scan report do not specifically mark out the abnormality (by separate ink as in the first scan report of December 2009). My doctor in TMH never saw the CT scan films but relied only on the text report (possible that only radiologists can understand the films). Doctor in TMH informed me that a quarterly Retuximab maintenance schedule for next one year will have to start now. My next appointment with TMH is on 15th June 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment