Friday, April 9, 2010

Apaan Mudra

My legs started aching unusually, (the pain was in the muscles above knees) after the second cycle and continued till I deeply analysed the cause. It was not due to electrolyte imbalance because I was not experiencing cramps and pain in the wrists as in the first cycle. I noticed that my urine output was like a normal person in spite of more liquids in the diet. I thought that the pain might be due to extra toxins stored in the body that are not getting flushed out. I had read about various mudras and their advantages to body, I then started practicing Apaan Mudra, which helps the body to flush out waste material from the body. Apaan Mudra is performed by joining tips of thumb,middle finger and ring fingure with little pressure, keeping index finger and little finger as straight as possible. I do it for 30 minutes at a stretch for two times a day during my pranayam and music therapy sessions. I could notice a good change within 24 hours, the urine output increased and pain started subsiding. After practicing it for 4-5 days the pain and weakness felt in the legs completely disappeared. I am now practicing Apaan Mudra followed by Praan Mudra as additional exercise for maintaining fitness.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I have one book in Marathi published by Ms Malini Munshi 10/B1 Sangam Park Maharshi Nagar Pune 411037
    Niranjan Gupte

    ReplyDelete